Synergy Lifelong Learning is a special education training and consultancy business directed by Mairéad McHale, BA (Hons), HDip, PGDip, MEd. Mairéad is an adult educator in both the further and higher education sectors.
Synergy Lifelong Learning delivers professional development courses in schools and colleges. We also deliver courses and workshops to parents, teachers, special needs assistants and to pre-school, child-care, social care and other professionals.
- Special Needs Assisting (QQI Level 5)
- Introduction to SNA Workshop
- PRAISE Behaviour Support Training
- PECS® – Picture Exchange Communication System Level 1
- TEACCH® 2-Day: Fundamentals of Structured TEACCHing
- Lámh® Sign Language
- Multi-Sensory Maths using NUMICON® Shapes
- First-Aid for School Staff
- Manual Handling for Schools
- Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Understanding Dyslexia
- Toe By Toe® Multi-Sensory Literacy Workshop
- Well-being & Stress Management for School Staff
- School-Based Professional Development
Mairead’s philosophy of teaching is to encourage and empower learners through a participative, problem-posing classroom that fosters dialogue, critical thinking, reflection, and transformation. Mairéad engages learners by using a variety of teaching methods, ensuring participants are encouraged to express their own ideas and participate in the educational process.
- Master of Education (Level 9) (Maynooth University)
- Postgraduate Professional Diploma in Special & Inclusive Education (Level 9) (DCU)
- Higher Diploma in Further Education (Level 8) (Maynooth University)
- BA (Hons) Community Studies (Social Science) (Level 8) (Maynooth University)
- Advanced Certificate in Psychology (Level 7) (Maynooth University)
- Special Needs Assisting (Level 5) (The College of Progressive Education & Froebel)
Along with the above formal qualifications, Mairéad has many certificates and CPD qualifications in the area of special education.
Mairéad is registered with the Teaching Council and teaches special education and social science subjects in the further and higher education sectors with Synergy, KWETB and Maynooth University. In addition, she has over 12years of experience working with children on the autism spectrum and with other special educational needs.
Teaching Council Registration No. 188459
Business Registration No. 548105
Address: Avalon, Taghadoe, Maynooth, Co. Kildare.
The majority of courses are held in our Maynooth University. However, deliver training in schools and centres in various counties. Contact Synergy Lifelong Learning for full details.