Synergy Lifelong Learning is a training and educational consultancy business run by professionally qualified teacher, Mairéad McHale. Mairéad is an adult educator in both the further and higher education sectors.
Synergy Lifelong Learning deliver professional development courses in schools and colleges. We also deliver courses and workshops to parents, teachers, special needs assistants and to pre-school, child-care and social-care professionals on the following topics:
- Special & Inclusive Education
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Positive Approaches to Challenging Behaviours
- Special Needs Assisting
- Social Studies
Mairead’s philosophy of teaching is to encourage and empower learners through a participative, problem-posing classroom that fosters dialogue, critical thinking, reflection, and transformation. Mairéad engages learners by using a variety of teaching methods, ensuring participants are encouraged to express their own ideas and participate in the educational process.
- Master of Education (MEd Adult Education) (Level 9) (Maynooth University)* *currently studying
- Postgraduate Professional Diploma in Special Education (Level 9) (DCU)
- Higher Diploma in Further Education (Level 8) (Maynooth University)
- BA (Hons) Community Studies (Social Science) (Level 8) (Maynooth University)
- Advanced Certificate in Psychology (Level 7) (Maynooth University)
Along with the above formal qualifications, Mairéad has many certificates and CPD qualifications in the area of special education.
Mairéad is registered with the Teaching Council and teaches special education, social studies and sociology subjects in the further and higher education sectors with KWETB and Maynooth University. In addition, she has been working with children on the autism spectrum and with other special educational needs since 2006.
Teaching Council Registration No. 188459
Business Registration No. 548105