Jolly Phonics Training
Date: 19 October 2019
Venue: Maynooth University
Time: 09:30 – 13:30
Combo Deal: Combine with Aistear on same day (2-6pm) for a total fee of €85
Booking Link: https://pay.myeasypay.com/myeasypay1.aspx?id=1188
Jolly Phonics teaches children to read and write using synthetic phonics, which is widely recognised as the most effective way to teach children to read and write in English. It is now used in over 100 countries worldwide. The programme teaches not only phonics, but spelling, punctuation and grammar too.
Systematic teaching of phonics, grammar, spelling and punctuation across the school years.
Teaching is multi-sensory and active, with fun actions, stories and songs.
Independent research supports the outstanding results achieved around the world with the programme.
Continues to revise and extend children’s phonic knowledge.
Flexible and easy to implement in your school.
Developed by teachers for teachers.
The programme is for Junior and Senior Infant Classes and Special Education.
Who should attend: Teachers, SNAs, Speech & Language Therapists and Parents.
- Benefits of Synthetic over Analytic Phonics
- Blending and Listening for the sounds in words are key features
- Set out the five skills in Jolly Phonics:
- Learning the letter sounds;
- Learning letter formation;
- Identifying sounds in words;
- Spelling the tricky words.
- Model a lesson using the fast approach
- Digraphs and consonant blends
- Alternative Spellings for vowel sounds
- Decodable Readers
- Progression to Jolly Grammar
- Display of Jolly Phonics Resources
- Questions and Answers