The programme is for Junior and Senior Infant Classes and Special Education.
Who should attend: Teachers, SNAs, Speech & Language Therapists and Parents.
- Benefits of Synthetic over Analytic Phonics
- Blending and Listening for the sounds in words are key features
- Set out the five skills in Jolly Phonics:
- Learning the letter sounds;
- Learning letter formation;
- Identifying sounds in words;
- Spelling the tricky words.
- Model a lesson using the fast approach
- Digraphs and consonant blends
- Alternative Spellings for vowel sounds
- Decodable Readers
- Progression to Jolly Grammar
- Display of Jolly Phonics Resources
- Questions and Answers
Facilitator: Maria Collins
Maria Collins is a Jolly Phonics professional trainer. She first met Jolly Phonics when she saw “Tricky Word Wall Flowers” in an educational supplies shop! Having over 30 years experience with Junior Classes she appreciates how children learn so quickly with Jolly Phonics. They are soon amazing their parents with early reading and writing ability. The road to success is fun, interactive and enjoyable for all. She makes extensive use of the materials, including teaching with Jolly Grammar. Maria is also one of the online facilitators with the Jolly Phonics online training course.