To provide our services, we collect and process some of your personal information. This gives you more detail about what we do with it. It also lets you know your rights.
This statement relates to the information we collect and process as the data controller when:
- you book any course/workshop/seminar with us; your contact phone number and / or email address is saved.
- you purchase or order something on our website, your address, your contact phone number and / or email address is saved.
- you enter one of our competitions or subscribe to receive marketing materials from us.
What do we use your personal information for?
The details you provide when booking training courses/workshops/seminars, purchasing products or submitting enquiries to us via email or phone are used to:
- look after, manage and maintain your details when booking training;
- fulfil and arrange delivery of orders you make using Synergy Lifelong Learning;
- provide customer services to you, or the person you are sending a gift to;
- communicate with you in respect of booking training or purchases or other enquiries you may make; and
- process payments from you, including card payments on the My Easy Pay system, and payments using gift vouchers
This information is needed to allow us to provide our services, and ensure we meet our contractual obligations, to you. If you do not wish to supply it, we will not be able to provide our services to you.
This personal information is also used for our legitimate interests, specifically the conduct and management of our business (for instance, financial reporting, performance management, and service improvement). When we process your personal information for purposes we consider to be in our legitimate interest, we make sure we have considered and balanced the potential impact on you. We will never use your personal information in a way that is detrimental to your interests. When we process your personal information for purposes we consider to be in our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to this processing. You may exercise this right by writing to us at our address or by emailing us.
Products and services information:
If you have asked to receive information about our products and services, you have specifically consented to your email address being used to send you:
- news related to Synergy Lifelong Learning;
- information related to our training courses and consultancy services;
- details of our offers, competitions, and other promotions;
- reminders of important gifting occasions; and
- gift suggestions and ideas.
You can withdraw this consent at any time by writing to us. We may periodically write to you asking you to re-confirm your consent to receive information about our products and services. Your email address will be retained for this purpose until you withdraw your consent.
The details you provide when entering a competition are used to:
- administer the competition; and
- should you win the competition, administer the award and deliver the prize to you, and publish your name (but not address) in our publicity materials i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
By entering the competition, you specifically consent to your details being used in this way and to your email address being used to send you products and services information (as described above). You cannot enter the competition without providing these details. You can withdraw your consent to the receipt of information about our products and services at any time by writing to us. Information concerning your competition entry is retained for a period of twelve months, after which period it will be deleted.
We use a third-party provider, My Easy Pay, to process card payments for Synergy Lifelong Learning. For more details on how My Easy Pay use your personal data, please visit: My Easy Pay Privacy Statement We do not retain any credit card details you supply but may access the My Easy Pay system to review your transaction for the purposes of account management (in the context of our contract(s) with you and on the basis of our legitimate business interests) and fraud detection (on the basis our legitimate business interests).
Your personal information will also be processed:
- to manage your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice; and
- to comply with our data protection and other legal obligations, including periodically seeking the renewal of consent for the processing of your personal information where required.
Who else gets your personal information?
We DO NOT share your personal information with third parties outside of Synergy Lifelong Learning.
Your personal information is not shared with anyone else. It is not transferred outside the European Union.
What are your rights?
Right to withdraw consent
You can withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information at any time. Write to us at our address or email us. Once your request has been verified, we will stop our processing within one working day. This only applies in respect of processing where your consent has been provided, for instance, receiving products and services information.
Accessing, deleting and rectifying your personal information
You have the right to:
- access your personal information;
- require us to delete it; or
- rectify any personal information we hold that is incorrect.
If you want to exercise these rights, please let us know in writing. You will need to provide sufficient information to verify and complete your request. We will complete your request within thirty days.
Objecting to processing:
Where we process your personal information for purposes we consider to be in our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to this processing. You may exercise this right by writing to us at our address or by emailing us. If you do object, this may affect our ability to provide our products and services to you.
Data Protection Commissioner
You can at any time discuss the processing of your personal information with your local data protection authority. Synergy Lifelong Learning supervisory authority is: Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, R32 AP23, Co. Laois, Ireland (www.dataprotection.ie)
How do you contact us?
The data controller is Synergy Lifelong Learning
You can write to us at: Synergy Lifelong Learning, Avalon, Taghadoe, Maynooth, Co. Kildare W23 V6Y2
You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org